Search This Blog

Saturday 2 February 2019

Master of Comedy

It's been a long day, but boy has it been a great day.
I went on a brisk, chilly walk along the river this morning with Tony, my brother in law. We chatted, photographed nature and then retired to the pub... For coffee.
The frozen river was 'cool'...
For those of you who know me, you will know I love a good laugh.
I am a big comedy fan, laughter is the best medicine... Well, within reason.
One of my comedy heroes is Omid Djalili. I have seen him on stage twice and we both follow each other on twitter.
Well he was performing in Brentwood today, not far from us so... After a little twitter chat, Omid arranged for Julie and I to go and see him in action.
Boothby Graffoe was the 'warm up act' and he was excellent, funny, musical and his tale of the cocaine fueled dog is a must.
Then the boss was on, Omid was as good as we all expect and more. His wit, intelligence and warmth was projected to an otherwise cold Brentwood centre. Cold in temperature and abcent of warmth and comfort in itself, so it was not the best of venues for comedy.
The odd belly dance was a hit as well as the 'Brentwood /Brentford' confused states.
As arranged, we met Omid after the show.
We have met before a few years ago in Harlow but we had a little more time to exchange a few more words.
For such a hard working and popular actor, comedian, thespian, singer etc.. He is very down to earth and likeable.
I like the man even more now, his observations and politics, sense of humour and caring are getting better with age and from me, Omid gets a 10:10.
Its a job and a half to woo a crowd on a cold winters night and he did it and won... Great job sir.
As in a the start of an international football match, we exchanged gifts.. A couple of my books, autographed for Omid and a photo opportunity for us.
Thanks for the show and chat. Its been hard for me over the last year, facing my own mortality, the pain, the changes in my life... having to retire, I could but won't go on.
Thanks for giving Julie and I a great escape for a few hours... RESPECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment