Search This Blog

Sunday 21 April 2013

Knees up... Soccered out

Too many years of playing soccer have had their toll on my knees.

After 4 previous arthroscopic trims and tidy ups,  2 to each knee,  I will be undergoing my 5th one tomorrow.

Am I nervous,  you betcha.
The prospects of loss of mobility and independence coupled with pain and swelling do make me anxious but god willing,  the pain will be worth it in the medium to long term.

I have now well and truly hung my boots up.
No more of this to go through again...

Like and addict, I have to share its now nearly 3 1/2 years since my last football match.  
I am now off the 90 minutes of pleasure and acting my age. 
Fingers crossed,  I will keep you posted on the blog... 

Like the mmain character in my book,  Legally Luck ,  I have suffered the injuries to my knees,  ruptured ligaments that now trouble me so much. 

Read the book on the ffollowing link 


Till then.... Be  lucky 

Ciao 
Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment