Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Chess anyone?

As part of my healing, I am trying to get my critical and strategic focus back.
Test the brain and send the synapses into overdrive where possible.
Playing board games helps.
Scrabble is my addiction. I love words and the challenge "scrabbling" gives me. I have a pretty decent personal score to boot.
I have recently been reintroduced to chess by my friend Alan and have a lot to re-learn.
I've not played chess in man years and playing again is exhilarating.
We met up today at my house and I had the chess board set-up in the anticipation of playing a few games over a few hours and lunch in between...
The results:
We chatted for a while and only managed one game and... I lost!
Good to test the brain though ✌️
Played a few people and doing okay although in fairness, played my mate Alan recently and I was losing so I 'accidentally' knocked the pieces and we had to restart... Lost that one anyway 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment