Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Honest and fun

Creating a novel is an awsome understanding.
Especially when the author has had no training in the craft.
However, the drivers of said undertaking make the writing worthwhile and less laborious.

My day job, like many other people's, is stressful, serious and difficult. I need to vent my feelings and frustrations creatively.
In my case, writing was a way of relaxing, sharing experiences and ideas, enjoying the ride . To me, spinning a tall tale that was fun to write, sharing a story and flexing my artistic muscle were the drivers.

Promotion of them is something I chose to do with respect of getting them read.
Selling them is secondary, the profit margins are low and the time it takes would be counter productive to my primary aims of enjoying life.

So why the blog?
Connection to the world.
It's a way of saying 'I'm real, I'm here and I believe I have something to say'

Life is too big and hard to worry about success as an author when really, I'm just doing it for fun.

With this in mind, if you want to read something honest, different and entertaining and mine, then please have a look.
If not, may you choose someone else's work, either way, enjoy, share, learn and spend some time with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment