Having just written and published the fourth Melvin The Hairy Frog story, I mistakenly posted something on a couple of Facebook groups that are full of these small minded little people, brave in insulting my efforts being safely tucked behind their keyboards.
However, the lesson has been learnt... Don't post anything to instigate these morons, after all, that's what makes them happy, makes them replicate their cowardly behaviour. Like the Borg in Star Trek, they aren't able to think for themselves and work together... Safety in numbers, though they remain cowardly.
So what was the issue? The use of AI to produce the drawings.
I had written Melvin The Hairy Frog many years ago but delayed bringing it to market because my illustrations were not matching the story line.
Once I used AI to produce the illustrations how I liked them, I was happy and readers were happy.
Well suddenly, I am the devil incarnate according to these US based group of illustrators... Wow, talk about fanatics!! They can't be that confident about their abilities if they puke up this sort of thing aimed at potential collaborators.
These Trolls hide in Children's Book Author groups! They aren't authors, so if anything, why are they lurking?
Anyway, free speech and all that is fine but do not hurl abuse at people you don't know!
Anyway, rant done. No, there's still a little more:
AI still produces damn good illustrations and I will continue to use AI for my illustrations. I certainly couldn't work with these horrible trolls on anything!!
Here's something AI produced earlier..
No comments:
Post a Comment