Search This Blog

Friday 30 November 2018

Motivation of self

I came back from a weekend away in beautiful Switzerland. Swimming in the lakes, walking in the mountains and watching nature.
Spending time with family, savouring and treasuring those precious moments.

The outdoors made better by the warm, bright sun keeping us going.

Okay so I couldn't swim much or walk far and stopped often due to pain but you know what... I did it.
I have always dreamt big and tried to live my life rather than put it on hold but today was a little like driving up a steep hill with the handbrake on!
It was difficult.
It was a cool, grey and muggy day that got damper and wetter. Added to this was my physical status... Pain, headache, stress... It just went on and on, piling up and creating an impenetrable wall. I said to myself, I will climb it and if I can't, I'll go through it. Today I have done just that and have the strength to face tomorrow...

To bear in mind....
When I'm old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say, 'Wow, that was an adventure,' not, 'Wow, I sure felt safe.'"
By -Tom Preston-Werner

No comments:

Post a Comment